IntraSystem Loan (ISL) enables students, faculty, and staff to request books or journal articles from other libraries in the UH system.
Books and journal articles at any UH System Library are available through ISL free of charge.
Beginning July 15, 2010, Audiovisual materials (CDs, DVDs, videos, cassettes) at the Sinclair Library Wong AV Center at UH Manoa will also be available through ISL at no charge. Follow the same steps as requesting a book, below. See the Wong AV Center website for additional information.
To make a request, follow the instructions below.
- Search for the book or journal in the KCC Library Catalog, Hawaii Voyager.
- Select and view the record.
- Click Get This Item at the top of the blue box on the right.
- Login with your UH Username and password (recommended), or enter your UH Number from your KCC ID Card and your Last Name. Click Login.
- Choose Hold or transfer this item for books, or Request Article: send it to Kapiolani CC for journal articles.
- For books, select a specific copy (e.g. volume or part) if desired. Enter any special instructions in the comments box. Select a Pickup Library. Enter your UH Number if prompted.
- For articles, fill out the required fields. Requests missing a valid email address will be delayed or cancelled. Enter any special instructions in the comments box. Enter your UH Number if prompted.
- Click Submit Request.
For book requests, if the book is not checked out, it should be available at the library you chose as the Pickup location between 24 hours to 1 week after you submit the form. You will be notified by email when it is available for pickup, using the email address we have on file in your library account. You will have 10 days to pickup the book before your request is automatically cancelled. You can see your pending and available requests on the "My Account" tab in Hawai`i Voyager.
For articles, you will either receive the article as a PDF attachment in your email or email notification that a copy is available for pickup at KCC Library. Article requests usually take 2-5 days to process.
For audiovisual items from Sinclair Library Wong AV Center there is a limit of 5 items; you will have 3 days to pick up requests once you are notified by email that they are available; items may be borrowed for 7 days with one renewal.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is available through the UH Manoa External Services Program for borrowing books and journal articles that are not available in the UH System Libraries. Check the service and shipping charges, request additional information, or place an ILL request through the External Services Program website. Allow at least three to five weeks for processing.
Fines for late, lost, or damaged books will be charged to your library account. To avoid fines, return all books by the date stamped in the book.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this service.