EBSCOhost databases cover a wide range of subject areas, including social sciences, health, business, computer science, psychology, religion, education, and more. Over 20,000 journal titles are indexed with the majority available in full text.
We have grouped the databases to help you target your research:
- EBSCOhost Research Databases will have articles on all topics. Start with Academic Search Premier, or select all four databases and click Continue.
- EBSCOhost Health Databases are for more focused research in the health sciences. CINAHL with Full Text (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature) is included here, providing full text for more than 600 of the 3,000 current nursing and allied health journals and other medical publications indexed in CINAHL dating back to 1981.
- EBSCOhost Other Databases can be used to help narrow results for advanced research. Most of the articles in these databases are included in the Research Databases.
- EBSCOhost ALL Databases Use this if you need to do a comprehensive search in multiple EBSCO databases.
How Do I Search EBSCOhost?
On the Choose Databases screen, select one or more databases that are relevant to your topic. Click on Continue and the Basic Search screen will appear.
In the search box:
- Use AND between keywords and click search.
Ex.: patient AND privacy AND nursing
- Use quotation marks for an exact phrase.
Ex.: "portable digital assistant"
- Use OR to include a concept.
Ex.: college OR university
- Use NOT to exclude a concept.
Ex.: apple NOT computer
- Use an asterisk for truncation.
- Use a question mark for wildcard.
- Combine any or all of the above features.
Ex.: "identity theft" AND (internet OR "world wide web")
You may limit your results by full text, scholarly journals, date, publication, and other criteria. Consult EBSCO's Help or Library Reference staff for assistance.
Advanced Search allows you to use the drop-down menu to specify in which fields (e.g., Author, Title, Subject, Journal Name, etc.) you would like a keyword or phrase to appear. Additional criteria are available to limit your results.
Displaying and Collecting Search Results
If the full text of an article is available on EBSCOhost, you will see a link to HTML Full Text and/or PDF Full Text below the article's citation. Click on the Add folder next to the articles you want to collect. At the end of your search, click on the open folder that indicates Folder has items at the upper-right corner of the screen. You are now ready to print, email, or save these articles.
Emailing, Printing, and Saving Search Results
While displaying your folder contents, you have the option to email, print, or save to a disk your search results. All articles in full text will be grouped together in the process. To email an article in PDF format, check the box PDF as a separate attachment. To print or save an article in PDF format, click and display the PDF Full Text article first, and then use the print or save button on the browser or Adobe Acrobat Reader.