-- Accuplacer Info
-- College Success
-- Library Skills
-- Maida Kamber
-- Microsoft Office
> Math - Testing
Home > Resources > Math > Courses > MATH 25 > Objectives
MATH 25: Elementary Algebra II
A continuation of basic algebra topics, MATH 25 is the second course in a two semester sequence of Elementary Algebra courses. Instruction includes units on exponents, polynomials, factoring, rational expressions and equations, radical expressions and equations, and quadratic equations.
Upon successful completion of MATH 25, the student should be able to:
- Identify and use the laws of exponents to simplify expressions with integral exponents.
- Use scientific notation in calculations.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide polynomials in one or two variables.
- Factor the greatest common factor from a polynomial expression.
- Factor a polynomial of four terms by grouping.
- Factor general trinomials ax2+bx+c, where a, b, and c are integers.
- Recognize and factor the difference of two squares.
- Recognize and factor a perfect square trinomial.
- Write rational expressions in lowest terms.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide algebraic fractions.
- Solve equations containing rational expressions
- Solve word problems that lead to equations containing rational expressions including indirect variation.
- Identify a given radical as rational, irrational, or not real.
- Evaluate a radical expression
- Simplify a radical expression.
- Add, subtract, multiply, or divide radical expressions.
- Solve equations containing radicals.
- Solve word problems that lead to equations containing radical expressions.
- Solve a quadratic equation with integral coefficients by factoring.
- Solve equations of the form (ax+b)2, using the square root property of equations.
- Complete the perfect trinomial square given a partial trinomial.
- Use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations.
MATH 25 resource page
Community College - © 2002-2009. All Rights Reserved.
4303 Diamond Head
Road, Honolulu, HI 96816 | 808.734.9206
Established: July 17, 2002 - Send