-- Accuplacer Info
-- College Success
-- Library Skills
-- Maida Kamber
-- Microsoft Office
> Math - Testing
Home > Resources > Math > Courses > MATH 112 > Objectives
MATH 112: Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers II
MATH 112 is the designed to give prospective elementary education majors the depth of understanding necessary to teach mathematics in the elementary classroom. Topics will include representations of and operations on the natural numbers, integers, rational numbers and real numbers, and properties of those operations. Emphasis will be on communication, connections to other parts of mathematics, problem solving, representations, and reasoning and proof.
Upon successful completion of MATH 112, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate various representations of Natural numbers and Integers.
- Define the operations on Natural numbers and Integers.
- Identify, describe, and demonstrate the proper use of the properties of operations on Natural numbers and Integers.
- Demonstrate various representations of Rational and Real numbers.
- Define the operations on Rational and Real numbers .
- Identify, describe, and demonstrate the proper use of the properties of operations on Rational and Real numbers.
- Apply appropriate mathematical reasoning to justify solution paths to various problems.
- Solve a variety of problems.
- Communicate mathematical ideas verbally, in writing, and through mathematical representations to various audiences.
- Demonstrate mathematical literacy and fluency.
MATH 112 resource page
Community College - © 2002-2009. All Rights Reserved.
4303 Diamond Head
Road, Honolulu, HI 96816 | 808.734.9206
Established: July 17, 2002 - Send