-- IS 103 Series
-- Being Your Best You
-- Library Skills
-- Maida Kamber
-- Microsoft Office
> Skill Areas
> Library Resources
> Learning Resources
> Microsoft Office
> Social Technologies
> Foreign Language
> Math - Testing
> Med: Nursing
> Political Science
> Social Sciences
Home > Resources > Math > Courses > BUS 100 > Objectives
BUS 100: Using Mathematics to Solve Business Problems
BUS 100 is a survey of important elementary concepts in algebra, logical structure, numeration systems, and probability and statistics designed to acquaint students with examples of mathematical reasoning, and to develop their capacity to engage in logical thinking and to read critically the technical information with which our society abounds. The intent of this course is to present a broad knowledge of mathematical topics to assist students in exercising sound judgment in making personal and business decisions.
Upon successful completion of BUS 100, the student should be able to:
- Analyze deductive arguments using elementary symbolic logic.
- Explore general methods for determining probabilities.
- Use statistical measures of central tendency and dispersion.
- Find mean, median, mode, and standard deviation.
- Use financial formulas as models. Derive effective yield, future value, mortgage payments. Describe the difference between compound interest savings accounts and annuities.
- Use exponential models to explore growth and decay.
BUS 100 resource page
Community College - © 2002-2009. All Rights Reserved.
4303 Diamond Head
Road, Honolulu, HI 96816 | 808.734.9206
Established: July 17, 2002 - Send